AddThis Smart Layers

AddThis

Friday, September 06, 2013

View Snapshots of How a Blog or Website Used to Look Like

Some of us have changed the look or design of our blog/websites without taking a screenshot of it. It’s not necessary though but I decided to Google if there is a way I could see the previous looks of my blog.

Fortunately, I stumbled on "Google Cache" and the "Wayback machine". While the "cache" maintained by Google only displays the snapshot of a page as it appeared when last it was indexed; the "Wayback machine" displays snapshots of a site throughout its history.




The Wayback Machine's Internet Archive worked for me and I was able to get the snapshots of what my blog used to look like. You can also try it. It's fun.

To start viewing what a site looked like in the past, go to http://www.archive.org/web/web.php and type in the web address of the site or page where you would like to start, and click the "take me back" button. Then select from the archived dates available.

If your site has been listed in major directories, like dmoz.org or have been linked to by some popular sites, your site will be automatically added to the internet archive.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Google Plus

Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved / Privacy Policy / Sitemap / Contact Us

Template by / Blogger Tricks / Powered by / Blogger

Privacy Policy. Powered by Blogger.